Instagram is quickly becoming a platform where you can create all types of content: images, videos, lives, stories, and more. But don’t forget the main reason people go to Instagram is for the visual aspect.
When sharing content to Instagram, think about exactly who the content is for:
- Your donors or potential donors. Funds are always important.
- Your volunteers. People like to be celebrated.
- General pet lovers. The people who want to engage and share, but aren’t ready or able to donate.
Talk to the person you are trying to reach and use these tips in your content:
- Great visuals.
- Use the carousel feature.
- Use videos in your posts.
- Pay special attention to the first line of copy.
- Be consistent in your posting schedule.
- Use hashtags.
- Use DMs.
- Use Stories.
- Comment with meaningful comments.
You may have overlap between your followers on Facebook and your followers on Instagram, but many people will use one more than the other. Utilize both for the best success!
Access the Rescue Learning Center for more video resources.