We are in the heart of spooky season with pumpkins, ghosts, goblins, and ghouls galore. Of course we can’t forget about the endless amount of candy! While our furry friends can’t take part in sharing a Snickers bar, they can still take part in the Halloween candy fun!
Candy corns are one of the most iconic treats associated with October 31st and the fall season. This orange, white and yellow triangle remains a human only treat, but we have the perfect recipe to make your dog feel like they’re a part of the Halloween festivities!
What you’ll need:
- One banana
- One can of pure pumpkin
- Non-fat plain greek yogurt
- Favorite Dental Treat (we used Merrick Fresh Kisses!)
- Clear plastic cup
- A furry taste tester
- Smash banana and scoop into bottom of the cup
- Add two large scoops of pumpkin on top of banana
- Add a few scoops of the non-fat plain greek yogurt to top it off
- Push dental stick in center of the cup until it’s close to reaching the bottom
- Place in the freezer overnight
- Pull off the cup once frozen and serve to your little pumpkin!
Not only is your dog getting in on the Halloween fun, but they’ll be enjoying a very healthy and gut hearty snack.
- Bananas are a great low-calorie treat that’s high in potassium and fiber, helping promote healthy bone growth and can help settle gastrointestinal problems.
- Pumpkin is a superfood for dogs that helps remove excess water in a dog’s digestive track and works as a natural stomach soother.
- Unsweetened greek yogurt is especially good for dogs on antibiotics, providing live cultures of good bacteria and keeping your dogs gut healthy.
- Merrick Fresh Kisses are made up of coconut and botanical oils, helping freshen your pups’ breath in a natural way while also giving their teeth a good brush with every bite.
These pup-sicles are super easy to make and are a great way to make your pup feel like a little tricker treater. To top off the Halloween fun, dress them up in one of these DIY costumes and share a photo of them eating their candy corns using the hashtag #CUDDLYHalloween!
Enjoy More Fun Activities With Your Pet:
3 DIY Costume Ideas For Any Size Dog